Acquiring knowledge related to disability, existing resources, service delivery systems and policies creates opportunities for empowered families.
- FACT Oregon Parent Training & Information Center (NEW LINK)
- Center for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Disability Rights Oregon’s publication, “Special Education: A Guide for Parents & Advocates”
- Kids Together IEP Advocacy
- Oregon Department of Education, Special Education (NEW URL)
- NICHCY Developing Your Child’s IEP
- Special Education Guide
- Wrightslaw Special Education Law and Advocacy
- CO ER Essential Care Kit Template – Support System
- CO ER Essential Care Kit Template – One Page Patient Profile
- Family to Family Health Information Center
- Family to Family Health Information Center (Spanish)
- Family to Family Health Information – Planning for Health Emergencies
- Family to Family Health Information – Planning for Health Emergencies (Spanish)
- Hospital Passport Template
- Independence Northwest Patient Communication Resources
- Senate Bill 1606 Patients with Disabilities Access to Trusted People in Hospital
- Senate Bill 1606 Fact Sheet by DRO, OCDD & OHSU
- Senate Bill 1606 Fact Sheet by OHA
Creating Opportunities supports Oregon’s Employment First Policy
- Everyone can work and there is a job for everyone. Our job is to be creative and tenacious in providing support.
- Communities embrace people who contribute.
- Everyone has something to contribute and needs to contribute.
- People are healthier, safer and happiest with meaningful work.
This online tool will help you determine if your child’s development is on schedule. The ASQ questionnaire can be used for children from birth to 5 years.
Learn about developmental milestones for children ages 3 months to 5 years and reference the “milestone checklist” to assess your own child’s development. You will also find links to facts about a variety of developmental disorders, including autism.
- Disability is Natural
- Kids Together Inc.
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY)
- Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities (OCDD)
- Oregon Institute on Disability and Development at Oregon Health and Science University
- Oregon Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities Coalition
- Oregon Self-Advocacy Coalition
- Oregon Training and Consultation
- Pacer Center
- University of Oregon Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD)
- Sibling Leadership Network
- Center on Technology and Disability YouTube Channel
- Search for “AT in Action” Videos on You Tube
Connect With Us
We welcome you to join Creating Opportunities. As a member you will be joining a network of other local families and community members who are supporting children with disabilities to live their lives to the fullest, while strengthening their families and communities. You are not alone!