Employer Resource Connection
Find and Manage Support Workers
Creating Opportunities is pleased to offer customized tools and support through our Employer Resource Connection program to equip individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges, their family members and/or representatives to effectively find and manage support workers, including:
- Personal Support Workers (PSW)
- Direct Support Professionals (DSP)
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
Learn how to:
- Create custom job descriptions
- Find potential employees
- Interview candidates
- Complete reference checks
- Hire quality workers
- Develop Employment Agreements
- Communicate preferences
- Establish policies and rules of conduct
- Provide training, direction and supervision
- Maintain employment records
- Schedule and track hours worked
- Address any work performance issues
- End employment relationships as needed
- Develop a backup plan for support
- Maintain a healthy working environment
Creating Opportunities is under contract with the Oregon Home Care Commission to provide consultation to those eligible to employ support workers in Benton, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Polk, Tillamook & Yamhill Counties.
Contact our Employer Resource Connection Team
Connect with us to schedule a consultation.
We are available by phone, video, text, email or at a location in your local community.
Creating Opportunities has bilingual (English/Spanish) staff available to respond.
Connect With Us
We welcome you to join Creating Opportunities. As a member you will be joining a network of other local families and community members who are supporting children with disabilities to live their lives to the fullest, while strengthening their families and communities. You are not alone!